[Numpy-discussion] C99 on windows

Christian Heimes lists@cheimes...
Fri Aug 15 20:25:11 CDT 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:
> The current trunk has 14 failures on windows (with mingw). 12 of them
> are related to C99 (see ticket 869). Can the people involved in recent
> changes to complex functions take a look at it ? I think this is high
> priority for 1.2.0

I'm asking just out of curiosity. Why is NumPy using C99 and what
features of C99 are used? The Microsoft compilers aren't supporting C99
and they'll probably never will. I don't know if the Intel CC supports
C99. Even GCC doesn't implement C99 to its full extend. Are you planing
to restrict yourself to MinGW32?

I'm not a NumPy developer but I'm a Python core developer. I've laid the
foundation for the VS 2008 build system for 2.6 / 3.0. Marc Dickinson
and I have put lots of work into mathematical, numerical and IEEE 754
fixes. The work was mostly based on the C99 specs but we used C89 code.
That should explain my interest in the matter. :]

Christian