[Numpy-discussion] C-API change for 1.2

Sat Aug 16 10:47:25 CDT 2008

Jon Wright wrote:
> Travis, Stéfan,
>
> I missed Travis mail previously. Are you *really* sure you want force
> all C code which uses numpy arrays to be recompiled?
Re-compilation is necessary at some point.  We have not required
recompilation for a long time now.    Yes, it is a pain for
distribution, but those who don't want to re-compile can point people to
1.1.1 which will still work until they make a new release compiled
against the newer NumPy.

I would encourage people to make use of things like Python(x,y), EPD,
and SAGE for their distribution needs.

-Travis