[Numpy-discussion] long double woes on win32

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sat Aug 16 15:46:01 CDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is seems to be a problem in defining the functions called for the
> different types.

I don't know enough about this part of the code to be sure about the
whole function calls stack, but I would guess this is not surprising
and even expected: you force long double to be double, but you still
call the long double function if you do np.exp, so this cannot work.

On windows, it should, because the runtime (e.g. the C function expl)
does actually expects a double (expl expects an 8 bytes value). But on
mac os X, it is not necessarily the case (although it could, I don't
know the status of long double on that platform).

cheers,

David