[Numpy-discussion] C-API change for 1.2

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sun Aug 17 06:25:07 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 12:51 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have nothing against extensions when they can be made to serve. If a
> dictionary gets added to ndarrays I hope it is done that way, likewise for
> generalized ufuncs.

But that's a totally different matter. You can add functionalities and
not breaking API or ABI. I mean gtk 2 exists for maybe 7 or 8 years
now, and a program linked against gtk 2.0.0 can run with gtk 2.12.0,
but gtk 2.12.0 certainly is different than 2.0.0.

Having a policy about API/ABI stability does not mean we can't change anything.

cheers,

David