[Numpy-discussion] Possible new multiplication operators for Python

Andrew Dalke dalke@dalkescientific....
Sun Aug 17 18:19:31 CDT 2008

> On Aug 17, 2008, at 10:35 PM, Christian Heimes wrote:
>> Andrew Dalke wrote:
>>> Or write B \circledast C ?  (Or \oast?)  Try using Google to search
>>> for that character.

>> '⊛'

I mean, go to Google and search for "⊛".

It finds no hits.

I didn't even know the name for that character.  I had to copy and
paste it into a terminal window that didn't understand the encoding,
so it gave me "\342\212\233".  I then used Google and found a LaTeX
page listing octal Unicode escape characters for various LaTeX
definitions, those being "\circledast" which has "\oast" as an alias.

Those two terms I can search for.  Not some sort of unknown-to-me
unicode character.

				Andrew
				dalke@dalkescientific.com