[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.2.0b2 released

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Mon Aug 18 18:48:34 CDT 2008

2008/8/18 Travis E. Oliphant <oliphant@enthought.com>:
> I say go ahead including changing #1 and #4.  Let's leave 5 for the moment.

I ran several benchmarks and made sure that these imports take a
minimal amount of time.  Wouldn't we want users to have access with
the doc framework without doing anything special?  And, yes, some of
the documents are empty, but a number of them have already been
written.

I still think we are going about this the wrong way.  We have two
different sets of expectations, and we can't satisfy both by ripping
everything apart.  I'd much prefer two entry points into NumPy: one
for people who need speed, and one for those who need the convenience
of everything being at hand.

Stéfan