[Numpy-discussion] C-API change for 1.2

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Tue Aug 19 20:36:41 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 5:33 AM, Peter
<numpy-discussion@maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't know if this constitutes "major opposition", but is keeping
> the same C-API for NumPy 1.2 unchanged still a possibility?  Please?

Sorry I haven't commented on this yet; I have been busy and am still
thinking about the issue.  This note is just to say that we are taking
this concern *very* seriously and will be discussing it in detail over
the next few days at the SciPy conference.  We will be looking more
closely at the proposed code changes, discussing whether we really
need to change the C-API, and if we do need to change the C-API
(either now or in the future) how we should handle these sort of
changes.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman