[Numpy-discussion] The "NumPy" Cython release + tutorial

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Aug 22 01:52:45 CDT 2008

Hey Dag,

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Dag Sverre Seljebotn
<dagss@student.matnat.uio.no> wrote:
> Cython just had a release, and amongst the new features are efficient
> NumPy array indexing for integers, real floats and Python objects.
>
> You can get it at http://cython.org
>
> For those new to Cython, I've written a tutorial specifically targeted
> for NumPy users here:
>
> http://wiki.cython.org/tutorials/numpy
>
> ...documenting the process of getting from 1.8 seconds to 6 milliseconds
> for the same data by adding typing in a sample for-loop-intensive code
> snippet. The last section of that tutorial (Efficient indexing) should
> be useful for those who know Cython as well.

It's a bummer you couldn't be at SciPy'08, but there's a lot of
interest and excitement about this.  Thanks not only for the work, but
also for documenting it well.  Hopefully you'll be able to continue
improving it.

Best,