[Numpy-discussion] numpy.core.numerictypes questions

William Reade william@resolversystems....
Fri Aug 22 05:55:33 CDT 2008

Travis E. Oliphant wrote:
> I don't know the answer to these questions.

Thanks for your response -- can anyone suggest a better forum for these
sorts of issues?

> I would say that unicode arrays are rare and I would definitely work on
> floating-point first.    Any chance we can see some of your work, by the
> way.
>
> -Travis

Jolly good, that's what I was hoping :).

I've recently released v0.5 of Ironclad, which you can get from
http://code.google.com/p/ironclad/ -- although I recommend grabbing the
svn head rather than v0.5, as I've made some significant improvements
over the last couple of days (specifically, finfo now gives sensible
epsilons, while v0.5 would claim that finfo(single).eps ==
finfo(double).eps == 0.125). Be aware that it's still very much a work
in progress, and it'll be some time before it's actually useful ;).

The (very low-traffic) list for the project is at
http://groups.google.com/group/c-extensions-for-ironpython -- and I'd be
very keen to hear from anyone who would like to use numpy with
IronPython, so I can make sure the most important parts work first.

Cheers
William