[Numpy-discussion] default index inconsistency?

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Sat Aug 30 14:48:24 CDT 2008

I think the question of the timing of removing
the remaining default index inconsistencies in
NumPy was raised by not answered?  Anyway, what
is the answer?

I just ran into this again, this time with ``argsort``,
which still has ``axis=-1`` as the default.  But maybe
it is intentional to keep this?  E.g., a.sort(axis=None)
is refused.  I would have expected it to return the same
as np.sort(a.flat), possibly (?) reshaped.

Alan Isaac