[Numpy-discussion] ANNOUNCE: EPD with Py2.5 version 4.0.30002 RC2 available for testing

Mon Dec 1 02:12:20 CST 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 12:44:10PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Darren Dale <dsdale24@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I tried installing 4.0.300x on a machine running 64-bit windows vista home
> > edition and ran into problems with PyQt and some related packages. So I
> > uninstalled all the python-related software, EPD took over 30 minutes to
> > uninstall, and tried to install EPD 4.1 beta.

> My guess is that EPD is only 32 bits installer, so that you run it on
> WOW (Windows in Windows) on windows 64, which is kind of slow (but
> usable for most tasks).

On top of that, Vista is not supported with EPD. I had a chat with the
EPD guys about that, and they say it does work with Vista... most of the
time. They don't really understand the failures, and haven't had time to
investigate much, because so far professionals and labs are simply
avoiding Vista.

Hopefully someone from the EPD team will give a more accurate answer
soon.

Gaël