[Numpy-discussion] np.loadtxt : yet a new implementation...

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Tue Dec 2 07:12:25 CST 2008

On 12/2/2008 7:21 AM Joris De Ridder apparently wrote:
> As a historical note, we used to have scipy.io.read_array which at the
> time was considered by Travis too slow and too "grandiose" to be put
> in Numpy. As a consequence, numpy.loadtxt() was created which was
> simple and fast.  Now it looks like we're going back to something
> grandiose.   But perhaps it can be made grandiose *and* reasonably
> fast ;-).

I hope this consideration remains prominent
in this thread. Is the disappearance or
read_array the reason for this change?
What happened to it?

Note that read_array_demo1.py is still