[Numpy-discussion] [F2PY] Fortran call fails in IDLE / PyScripter

Christophe Chappet Christophe.Chappet@onera...
Wed Dec 3 03:10:52 CST 2008

>What version of gfortran are you using (i.e. exactly which binary did
>you download)?
GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.4.0 20080603 (experimental) [trunk revision 136333]

>Is this a write to standard output "write (*,*) szText" ?
yes, it is.

I forgot to say that it also works with pydev in Eclipse but I'm looking for a simple interactive python shell that can execute some programs.
IPython does the job but is less friendly than IDLE in term of program editing. Anyway, I think I will use it for now.
Thanks for your reply.
Regards,
Christophe

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 08:26, Christophe Chappet
<Christophe.Chappet@onera.fr <http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion>> wrote:
>/ Hi all,
/>/ I compile the followinq code using "f2py -c --fcompiler=gnu95
/>/ --compiler=mingw32" -m hello
/>/       subroutine AfficheMessage(szText)
/>/       character szText*100
/>/       write (*,*) szText
/>/       return
/>/       end
/>/
/>/ Using python console :
/>>>>/import hello
/>>>>/hello.affichemessage("
/>/ Hello")
/>/ works fine !
/>/
/>/ I do the same in the program window of IDLE and :
/>/ - no message is displayed.
/>/ - the shell restart (or IDLE crah if launched with -n)
/>/
/>/ Same problem with PyScripter IDE. (crash)./