[Numpy-discussion] Py3k and numpy

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Thu Dec 4 14:29:55 CST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Tommy Grav <tgrav@mac.com> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
>> It does. What problems are people seeing? Is it just the Windows build
>> that causes people to say "numpy doesn't work with Python 2.6"?
>
> There is currently no official Mac OSX binary for numpy for python 2.6,
> but you can build it from source. Is there any time table for generating
> a 2.6 Mac OS X binary?

My intention was to make 2.6 Mac binaries for the NumPy 1.3 release.
We haven't finalized a timetable for the 1.3 release yet, but the
current plan was to try and get the release out near the end of
December.  Once SciPy 0.7 is out, I will turn my attention to the next
NumPy release.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley