[Numpy-discussion] Python2.4 support

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Sun Dec 7 15:34:31 CST 2008

On Dec 7, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Jarrod Millman wrote:
> NumPy 1.3.x should work with Python 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6.  At some point
> we can drop 2.4, but I would like to wait a bit since we just dropped
> 2.3 support.  The timeline is on the trac site:
>  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.3.0

OK, great, thanks a lot.

>> * Talking about 1.3.x, what's the timeline? Are we still shooting for
>> a release in 2008 or could we wait till mid Jan. 2009 ?
>
> I am fine with pushing the release back, if there is interest in doing
> that.  I have been mainly focusing on getting SciPy 0.7.x out, so I
> haven't been following the NumPy development closely.  But it is good
> that you are asking for more concrete details about the next NumPy
> release.  We need to start making plans.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions about whether we should push the release back?  Is 1 month
> long enough?  What is left to do?

Well, on my side, there's some doc to be updated, of course. Then, I'd
like to put the rec_functions that were developed in matplotlib to
manipulate recordarrays. I haven't started yet, might be able to do so
before the end of the year (not much to do, just a clean up and some
examples). And what should we do with the genloadtxt function ?

> Please feel free to update the release notes, which are checked into
> the trunk:
>  http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/browser/trunk/doc/release/1.3.0-
> notes.rst

Will do in good time.