[Numpy-discussion] numpy.random and multiprocessing

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Thu Dec 11 11:36:11 CST 2008

On 12/11/2008 6:21 PM, Sturla Molden wrote:

> It would not help, as the seeding is done prior to forking.
>
> I am mostly familiar with Windows programming. But what is needed is a
> fork handler (similar to a system hook in Windows jargon) that sets a
> new seed in the child process.

Actually I am not sure this should be done, as this issue technically
speaking is not an error.

A warning in the documentation would be better.

Perhaps we should we should write a proper numpy + multiprocessing tutorial?

Sturla Molden