[Numpy-discussion] building numpy trunk on WindowsXP

Thu Dec 11 22:26:06 CST 2008

josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:
> I just tried to build numpy for the first time, on Windows XP SP2,
> sse2, single CPU with MingW 3.45, Python25
>
> I used `setup.py bdist` and copied extracted archive into
> sitepackages, (so I can delete it again)

You can also use bdist_wininst, which will create a binary installer,
with uninstall feature.

> Are the errors and failures below expected, or did my build not work correctly?

I have not seen the io ones, but I have not tested numpy on windows
recently, so they may be regressions or new tests which do not pass on
windows.

David