[Numpy-discussion] Efficient removal of duplicates

Daran Rife drife@ucar....
Mon Dec 15 18:24:05 CST 2008

How about a solution inspired by recipe 18.1 in the Python Cookbook,
2nd Ed:

import numpy as np

a = [(x0,y0), (x1,y1), ...]
l = a.tolist()
l.sort()
unique = [x for i, x in enumerate(l) if not i or x != b[l-1]]
a_unique = np.asarray(unique)

Performance of this approach should be highly scalable.

Daran

--

Hi,

I the following problem: I have a relatively long array of points
[(x0,y0), (x1,y1), ...]. Apparently, I have some duplicate entries,
which
prevents the Delaunay triangulation algorithm from completing its task.

Question, is there an efficent way, of getting rid of the duplicate
entries?
All I can think of involves loops.

Thanks and regards,
Hanno