[Numpy-discussion] unique1d docs

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Tue Dec 16 00:29:40 CST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:37 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the future of the example list, on the example list with docs
> it says Numpy 1.0.4. It hasn't been updated in a while. When I started
> out with numpy, I used it as a main reference, but now, some examples,
> that I wanted to look at, had outdated function signature.

At some point, we should make sure everything is in the new docs.
Maybe we should lock down the pages for editing, point everyone to the
new docs.scipy.org webpage, and then eventually make sure everything
is the new docs and remove the old pages.

> For me, the new docs are now more usable than the example list. I was
> thinking of starting an example list for scipy.stats, but I guess the
> effort is better placed in improving the new docs.

Yes.  Please don't start new moin wiki documentation.  We have a good
solution for documentation that didn't exist when the moin
documentation was started.  Either put new docs in the docstrings or
in the scipy tutorial.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman