[Numpy-discussion] error compiling umathmodule.c (numpy 1.3) on 64-bit windows xp

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Dec 16 20:17:26 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Lin Shao <shao@msg.ucsf.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found this earlier dialog about refactoring umathmodule.c (see
> bottom) where David mentioned it wasn't tested on 64-bit Windows.
>
> I tried compiling numpy 1.3.0.dev6118 on both a 32-bit and 64-bit
> Windows for Python 2.6.1 with VS 9.0, and not surprisingly, it worked
> on 32-bit but not on 64-bit: the compiler returned a non-specific
> "Internal Compiler Error" when working on umathmodule.c:

It is a bug in VS, but the problem is caused by buggy code in numpy,
so this can be avoided. Incidentally, I was working on it yesterday,
but went to bed before having fixed everything :)

David