[Numpy-discussion] missing doc dir in the official tarball

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sat Dec 20 05:15:43 CST 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> wrote:

> Just to make it clear -- I think the docs should not be generated in
> the tarball -- only the sources should be there.

I agree this makes more sense for you, as a packager, but I am not
sure it makes much sense to put the doc sources in the tarball for
users (Building numpy should only require python + a C compiler;
building the doc is more difficult  -you need at least sphinx and all
its dependencies).

For audiolab, I put the generated doc, thinking if people want to mess
with the doc, they are knowledgeable enough to deal with svn - but I
did not think about the packagers :) I am not sure what's the best
solution: maybe put both in the (released) source tarball ?

David