[Numpy-discussion] missing doc dir in the official tarball

Sat Dec 20 05:26:18 CST 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 08:15:43PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> For audiolab, I put the generated doc, thinking if people want to mess
> with the doc, they are knowledgeable enough to deal with svn - but I
> did not think about the packagers :) I am not sure what's the best
> solution: maybe put both in the (released) source tarball ?

For Mayavi/ETS we put both. Docs are very important, and we feared people
having difficulties building them, as the doc build tools and build chain
isn't as mature as the rest of the build chain.

Of course, for debian packaging the problem is different, but that's only
a fraction of our users.

Gaël