[Numpy-discussion] Request for review: dynamic_cpu_branch

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Dec 22 23:40:49 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think he meant that it can be discovered at runtime in general, not
> at numpy-run-time, so we can write a small C program that can be run
> at numpy-build-time to add another entry to config.h.

But then we only move the problem: people who want to build universal
numpy extensions will have the wrong value, no ? The fundamental point
of my patch is that the value is set whenever ndarrayobject.h is
included. So even if I build numpy on PPC, NPY_BIGENDIAN will not be
defined when the header is included for a file build with gcc -arch
i386.

David