[Numpy-discussion] Numpy and C++ integration...

Mon Feb 4 15:11:38 CST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 12:49:58PM -0800, Lou Pecora wrote:
> So, for those looking for speed up through some
> external C or C++ code, I would say (trying to be fair
> here), try what Chris recommends below, if you want,
> but IMHO, none of it is trivial.  If you get it to
> work, great.  If not, you have the fall back of the C
> API.

Honestly, I found ctypes trivial, using
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Ctypes as a reference, and simply copying
the code. I started by copying the code, made sure it worked, and I
understood how to modify it, than adapted it to my problem.

Gaël