[Numpy-discussion] C Extensions, CTypes and "external code & librarie

Albert Strasheim fullung@gmail....
Tue Feb 12 10:59:46 CST 2008

Hello,

On Feb 12, 2008 6:19 PM, Lou Pecora <lou_boog2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Albert,
>
> Yes, I think you got the idea right.  I want to call my own C code using
> CTypes interface, then from within my C code call GSL C code, i.e. a C
> function calling another C function directly.  I do *not* want to go back
> out through the Python interface.  So you are right, I do not want to wrap
> GSL.
>
> It sounds like I can just add  something like  -lnameofGSLdylib  (where I
> put in the real name of the GSL library after the -l) in my gcc command to
> make my shared lib.  Is that right?

Sounds about right. I don't know the Mac that well as far as the
various types of dynamic libraries go, so just check that you're
working with the right type of libraries, but you've got the right
idea.

Regards,

Albert