[Numpy-discussion] Is anyone knowledgeable about dll deployment on windows ?

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Fri Feb 15 10:00:57 CST 2008

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Christian Heimes <lists@cheimes.de> wrote:

>  The MSDN website has some articles about SxS DLLs though. I had to read
>  about ten articles to get the big picture. The information is scattered
>  all over the place. :/

10 pages, xml files and not even compatible across OS versions: it it
what is meant by MS when they talk about rich API ? :) I won't read
those pages to understand something which is available on unix for 20
years and understandable in 5 minutes. I wasted one half day, I won't
waste more than that. Well, this is it, I give up, I won't support
linking dll with MS compilers. I don't have easy access to windows,
and I don't even use this crap.

Thanks for your help, though

David