[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] numscons 0.4.1. Building numpy with MS compiler + g77 works !

Albert Strasheim fullung@gmail....
Tue Feb 19 01:42:41 CST 2008

Hello,

On Feb 18, 2008 9:30 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just finished a new release of numscons. This version is the
> first one to be able to compile numpy using MS compilers and g77
> compiler on windows, which was the last "big" platform not supported
> by numscons.

Good stuff. I noticed that the Launchpad page says:

"I decided not to support dynamic linking against 3rd party dll.
Because of intrinsics windows limitations, it is impossible to do it
in a reliable way without putting too much burden on the maintainer."

I might note that I had problems with NumPy and other C code crashing
randomly when statically linked against MKL 9.1 on Win32 (probably
when using multiple cores). Dynamically linking fixed the problem. I
haven't tested with MKL 10 yet.

Cheers,

Albert