[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] numscons 0.4.1. Building numpy with MS compiler + g77 works !

Albert Strasheim fullung@gmail....
Tue Feb 19 03:50:47 CST 2008

Hello,

On Feb 19, 2008 11:34 AM, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> >

> > Now that you provide an installer for Atlas, it may become the same
> > problem as MKL, can't it ?
>
> It is exactly the same problem, yes. Right now, my installer does not
> modify the environment at all (like MKL or ACML, actually), and you have
> to do it manually (add PATH, or put in system32).

Have you tried installing the DLLs to C:\Python2x or to the same
directory as the numpy .pyd? As far as I know, this should work.

Obviously there are some issues: multiple modules might be linked to
MKL, in which case you would be duplicating a lot of files, but hey,
so it goes. Ideally, all the modules should be using one module to
interact with native BLAS and LAPACK.

In my opinion, modifying the PATH or installing to System32 are not
ways to properly deploy DLLs on Windows.

Cheers,

Albert