[Numpy-discussion] Problems installing numpy on Mac OS 10.4

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Feb 22 19:39:39 CST 2008

Alex Donaldson wrote:

> compile options:
> '-I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5
> -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core/include
> -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5 -c'
> gcc: _configtest.c
> sh: line 1: gcc: command not found

This is your problem. You need to install the Developer Tools. I believe they
are included on your OS X 10.4 installation DVD. Alternatively, you can download
them from Apple:

   http://developer.apple.com/tools/download/

You will need Xcode 2.5. You will need to register (for free) to be part of the
Apple Developer Connection.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."