[Numpy-discussion] FORTRAN compiler detection

Christopher Hanley chanley@stsci....
Tue Feb 26 12:09:49 CST 2008

Robert Kern wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Christopher Hanley <chanley@stsci.edu> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>>  I was wondering if within the last 8 - 10 weeks anyone has made changes
>>  to the way FORTRAN compilers are detected.  In the past I was able to
>>  specify which compiler was used by the F77 system variable.  However, I
>>  am now having a f90 compiler that exists on my Solaris system detected
>>  regardless of the F77 value.  Even unsetting the F77 variable leads to
>>  the use of the f90 compiler.
>>
>>  I was going to look though the distutil change logs but I was hoping
>>  that someone might remember changing something off the top of their heads.
>
> Which FORTRAN compilers do you have installed? What --fcompiler flag
> are you using?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your help.

I am not using the --fcompiler flag.  The FORTRAN compilers I have
installed are:

f77: Sun WorkShop 6 update 2 FORTRAN 77 5.3 Patch 111691-07 2004/04/23
Usage: f77 [ options ] files.  Use 'f77 -flags' for details
basil> f90 -V
f90: Sun WorkShop 6 update 2 Fortran 95 6.2 Patch 111690-10 2003/08/28
Usage: f90 [ options ] files.  Use 'f90 -flags' for details
basil>

Chris

--
Christopher Hanley