[Numpy-discussion] #error "LONG_BIT definition appears wrong for platform (bad gcc/glibc config?)

Tue Feb 26 21:05:33 CST 2008

Manos Pontikakis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install numpy 1.0.4 to the following machine:
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux myhostname 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Sat Apr 21 11:16:24 EDT 2007
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>

> and I am getting the error that appears in the subject of this email.
> It appears that BLAS and LAPACK libraries cannot be found as well, but
> I think numpy still shouldn't have problem with that. There must be
> some problem with 64 bit. Please see the complete log.

> Running from numpy source directory.
> F2PY Version 2_4422
> blas_opt_info:
> blas_mkl_info:
>   libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/local/lib
>   libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/lib
>   NOT AVAILABLE
>
> atlas_blas_threads_info:
> Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
>   libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
>   libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib/sse2
>   libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib
>   NOT AVAILABLE
>
> atlas_blas_info:
>   libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
>   libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib/sse2
>   libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib
>   NOT AVAILABLE
>
> /.../numpy-1.0.4/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:1340: UserWarning:
>     Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) libraries not found.
>     Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
>     numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or by setting
>     the ATLAS environment variable.
>   warnings.warn(AtlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
> blas_info:
>   libraries blas not found in /usr/local/lib
>   FOUND:
>     libraries = ['blas']
>     library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
>     language = f77
>
>   FOUND:
>     libraries = ['blas']
>     library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
>     define_macros = [('NO_ATLAS_INFO', 1)]
>     language = f77
>
> lapack_opt_info:
> lapack_mkl_info:
> mkl_info:
>   libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/local/lib
>   libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/lib
>   NOT AVAILABLE
>
>   NOT AVAILABLE
>
> atlas_threads_info:
> Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
>   libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
>   libraries lapack_atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
>   libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib/sse2
>   libraries lapack_atlas not found in /usr/lib/sse2
>   libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib
>   libraries lapack_atlas not found in /usr/lib
> numpy.distutils.system_info.atlas_threads_info
>   NOT AVAILABLE
>
> atlas_info:
>   libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
> [...]
That looks strange. First, I am surprised by /.../: is this recognized
by the shell ? It also looks like you are using a python built from
source. In this case, are you sure you built it correctly ? If you did
not build python from sources, could you tell us your exact
configuration ? (OS + distribution, CPU, etc...) ?

cheers,

David