[Numpy-discussion] Moving away from svn ?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Jan 6 04:09:17 CST 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:

> Does good merging only depends on the above ? Martin Pool, one of the
> bzr programmer, wrote this article two years ago:
>
> http://sourcefrog.net/weblog/software/vc/derivatives.html
>
> which I found both enlightening and easy to follow.

My terminology was fuzzy/incorrect. By "revision," I meant "changeset" rather
than "snapshot."

The main thrust of that article is about the value of viewing VCS history as a
sequence of changesets rather than a sequence of snapshots. FWIW, svnmerge and
SVN 1.5 Merge Tracking are changeset-oriented rather than snapshot-oriented.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco