[Numpy-discussion] Using svnmerge on numpy: am I missing something ?

Tue Jan 8 00:07:21 CST 2008

Fernando Perez wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 10:54 PM, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>

>> I understand this if doing the merge at hand with svn merge (that's what
>> I did previously), but I am using svnmerge, which is supposed to avoid
>> all this (I find the whole process extremely error-prone). More
>> specifically, I am surprised by the svnmerge starting revisions,
>>

> OK, I've always just used manual revision tracking, since I basically
> don't trust svnmerge.  Seems I was right, since the manual process at
> least works, even if it's clunky and requires lots of care.

Between a working clunky solution and a clunky non working solution, the
choice is not difficult :) I just wanted to check whether I did
something wrong or if svnmerge was fragile (I was a bit surprised,
because I could swear I managed to make it work at some point in another
branch....)
> Maybe you should be using a DVCS. Oh wait... ;-)

Don't worry, I have never used subversion for my own projects, I've
never understood the complexity of the thing :)

cheers,

David