[Numpy-discussion] Using svnmerge on numpy: am I missing something ?

Tue Jan 8 01:15:35 CST 2008

> > Oups, safe for the "/trunk:1-2871" part. This should be deleted before
> > a commit to the trunk, I think.
> Yes, that's what I (quite unclearly) meant: since revision numbers are
> per- repository in svn, I don't understand the point of tracking trunk
> revisions: I would think that tracking the last merged version for each
> branch to be enough (for the kind of merge svn does, at least). If trunk
> version are tracked, then I would expect two branches using svnmerge to
> clash each other,

In fact, the trunk should be tracked from all the branches, although there
will be the problem with merging the different branches (I did not have many
troubles with that, but I only tried with a few differences) into the trunk.
I don't think only one branch wants to be up to date with the trunk ;). But
each time you create a branch, you must delete the svnmerge_integrated
property and set it correctly.
Or you can merge by hand the trunk into each branch, but I don't know if
it's hard or not.

Matthieu
--
French PhD student