[Numpy-discussion] Intel MKL - was: parallel numpy - any info?

Ray Schumacher subscriber100@rjs....
Wed Jan 9 09:23:25 CST 2008

At 10:38 PM 1/8/2008, Albert Strasheim wrote:

> > It is still unclear to me whether Python/numpy compiled with MKL
> > would be freely re-distributable, as the MSVC version is.
>
>Read the License Agreement on Intel's site. My interpretation is that
>it would be redistributable.
>
>http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/266854.htm

That was my thought also, but IANAL. Given the number of people
who've evidently compiledPython/numeric with it I was left wondering
why there are no binaries to be found.
We've been using the Enthought distros, and our company now has
(finally) decided to purchase the ICC and MKL with the intention of
compiling for P4 and Core2 targets. The binaries could then go up on
the company's web site.

Thanks,
Ray Schumacher