[Numpy-discussion] Does float16 exist?

Wed Jan 9 18:30:08 CST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 11:26 PM, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
wrote:
<snip>

If what you want to do is to be able to use simple templates (by simple,
> I mean template function parametrized with the numerical type), C++ is
> overkill IMHO.

So I pulled the template subsystem out of
Django<http://www.djangoproject.com/>
and I already like it a lot. It seems to work well with some quick C code
templates that I wrote and the markup looks decent. The template language
itself has some built in control tags (if, for loops, etc), templates have
inheritance, and you can invent your own tags. It is all done in Python and
the license is essentially BSD. Note that the template examples on the
Django site generate html code, so all those html tags are just a
distraction. There is also a Django book <http://tinyurl.com/yqfoyw>, so it
is documented.

Chuck