[Numpy-discussion] BzrMirror page on numpy wiki

Thu Jan 10 09:46:41 CST 2008

Michael McLay wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation of bzr. I'd like to give it a try on
> another project. How did you create the repository at
> http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/archives/numpy.trunk
> repository? Is this bzr mirror of the numpy svn repository
> automatically updated to follow the commits to the numpy svn
> repository?

No, this is just a "demo". I don't have access to the server, except to
push files to it, and also, I don't want that too many people to access
to it. This is something which at some point should be done on scipy.org
(but now, there are some problems with the scipy.org servers which need
to be solved/upgrade, as I understand, and a bzr mirror is not a
priority, obviously). This way, it could be easily and regularly updated
through a cron job, or whatever.
> Also, what tool was used to draw the DAG in the screenshot? The
> screenshot was very helpful.

It is bzr-gtk, which is a graphical front end to bzr *commands*, that is
it is not an integral GUI, just a graphical version of every command.
For the log and annotation, I find it useful (as well as for the diff,
in some particular cases).

The bzr-gtk plugin is not included by default in the binaries (yet, at
least).

cheers,

David