[Numpy-discussion] maskedarray branch

David Huard david.huard@gmail....
Fri Jan 18 08:53:33 CST 2008

2008/1/18, Stefan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za>:

> Hi David
>
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 04:29:22PM -0500, David Huard wrote:
> > I am trying to install the maskedarray numpy branch for use with the
> timeseries
> > package and I get the following error when importing numpy:
>
> Before I try to find the problem: did you remove the previous numpy
> installation and build directories before installing?

Yes. I am not familiar with the subtleties of module importing, but here
would be my guess. The error implies that numpy.inner.__doc__ is None. Now
numpy's inner function seems to be defined in the multiarray.c module, and
it's doc in add_newdocs.py. So is it possible that importation of the ma
module happens before add_newdocs is called ?

David

Regards