[Numpy-discussion] Read-only mercurial mirror of numpy trunk available

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri Jan 18 12:35:24 CST 2008

pe, 2008-01-18 kello 18:06 +0900, David Cournapeau kirjoitti:
> Hi there,
>
>     I got a mercurial mirror of numpy available. I put some basic info
> on the wiki
>
> http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/HgMirror

Nice!

> I don't know mercurial so much, so I only put some instructions to get
> started. It will force me to get more familiar with the mercurial
> features which are different from bzr, too (I will put more info then;
> in particular, merging works a bit differently).
>     Some info:
>     - the import was done with hgsvn.
>     - The mirror contains only the trunk, and not from the start: it
> looks like hgsvn does not follow svn copy, and as such, it started
> importing from the scipy_core -> numpy rename. Still, there is the whole
> trunk history from 2 years.
>     - The .hg directory only takes 17 Mb. With the working tree, it
> takes 27 Mb, that is only 3 Mb less than a recent svn checkout.
>     - for some reasons, when you clone the hg repository, the tags with
> svn revisions are lost. If anyone knows how to avoid that (it is really
> useful to find a hg revision corresponding to a svn revision)

hgsvn makes only repository-local svn tags. They go in .hg/localtags,
from where they can be copied manually. I don't think hgsvn has an
option to put the tags into .hgtags (from where they would be passed on
automatically when the repository is cloned).

--
Pauli Virtanen