[Numpy-discussion] Read-only mercurial mirror of numpy trunk available

Fri Jan 18 23:15:01 CST 2008

Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> pe, 2008-01-18 kello 18:06 +0900, David Cournapeau kirjoitti:
>> Hi there,
>>
>>     I got a mercurial mirror of numpy available. I put some basic info
>> on the wiki
>>
>> http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/HgMirror
>
> Nice!
Don't hesitate to put more info there. Although I would consider myself
relatively proficient with bzr, mercurial has some few important
differences that I am still not sure to understand (in particular the
lack of "one branch is one directory" concept)

> hgsvn makes only repository-local svn tags. They go in .hg/localtags,
> from where they can be copied manually. I don't think hgsvn has an
> option to put the tags into .hgtags (from where they would be passed on
> automatically when the repository is cloned).
Since tags seem to be handled through plain files in mercurial, would
copying localtags into .hgtags work ?

cheers,

David