[Numpy-discussion] Scipy page

Travis Vaught travis@enthought....
Sun Jan 20 14:52:14 CST 2008

Greetings,

On Jan 20, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2008 2:06 AM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Jan 19, 2008 9:35 PM, Jarrod Millman <millman@berkeley.edu> wrote:

>> notice.
>> bug

>>> I went ahead and took a shot at it: www.scipy.org
>>> I also mocked up an all black bug:
>>>
>> http://www.scipy.org/SciPy?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=scipybuglogosm5b.png
>>>
>>> If anyone can do a better job (and surely someone can), please go
>>> ahead.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>
>> Looks pretty good to me. I like the red spotted bug better than the
>> black
>> one.
>
> Yup, this one is my favorite:
>
> http://www.scipy.org/SciPy?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=scipybuglogosm4b.png
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for the attention to this...I think we need to seek continual
improvement to the web site (numpy's default pages, again, could use
some TLC).  I've tweaked the bug a bit using the original photoshop
scipy logo.  Anyone who'd like the source images in photoshop format
(or any other) let me know.  Hopefully a distributed approach to the
graphics and site design will exceed my limited skill.

Thanks,

Travis (V.)