[Numpy-discussion] Building a static libnumpy

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Jan 22 02:12:32 CST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 3:44 PM, Jussi Enkovaara <jussi.enkovaara@csc.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to use numpy in an environment which does not support shared libraries.
> Previously, I have used the old Numeric where I created a Makefile to build a
> static Numeric library which was later on linked to the python interpreter.

Interesting, did not know it was possible. How did you do it ?

I am working on an alternative build system for numpy, based on scons,
and depending on the necessary steps, I could add this feature to the
build system. scons itself certainly support static libraries, but I
have never built static python extensions.

cheers,

David