[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] numscons 0.3.0 release
Wed Jan 23 09:34:56 CST 2008
I've just released the 0.3.0 release of numscons, an alternative
build system for numpy. The tarballs are available on launchpad.
To use it, you need to get the build_with_scons numpy branch: see
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/NumpyScons for more details.
This release is an important milestone:
- all regressions because of the split from numpy are fixed.
- it can build numpy on linux (gcc/intel), mac os X (gcc), windows
(mingw) and solaris (Sun compilers).
- mkl, sunperf, accelerate/vecLib frameworks and ATLAS should work
on the platforms where it makes sense.
- a lot of internal changes: some basic unittest, a total revamp of
the code to check for performance libraries.
- almost all changes necessary to scons code are now included
upstream, or pending review.
If you test it and has problems building numpy, please submit a bug to
More information about the Numpy-discussion