[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] numscons 0.3.0 release

Stefan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Thu Jan 24 03:16:16 CST 2008

Hi David

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 12:34:56AM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
>     I've just released the 0.3.0 release of numscons, an alternative
> build system for numpy. The tarballs are available on launchpad.
>
> https://launchpad.net/numpy.scons.support/0.3/0.3.0
>
> To use it, you need to get the build_with_scons numpy branch: see
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/NumpyScons for more
> details.

Fantastic job, thank you for investing so much time in improving the
build system.  I noticed that you were trying to get scipy building --
how is that progressing?  Scons should make building on non-*nix
platforms a lot easier.

Regards
Stéfan