[Numpy-discussion] Docstring standard: how to specify variable types

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Thu Jan 24 04:00:09 CST 2008

Hi,

> When would the function signature be missing?  In C functions we copy
> the signature into the docstring.  I am concerned about duplicating
> information that may change.

I guess that would be

def my_func(*args, **kwargs):

although, if you're going to document the parameters in detail for
such a function, it seems sensible to specify what the args are in the
signature.

> I thought that, since we threw all epydoc guidelines out the window,
> this would be a good time talk about it -- the next docday is just
> around the corner!

Perhaps we could have that discussion on the IRC channel on Friday at
some specified time?

Matthew