[Numpy-discussion] preparing for 1.0.5 release

Tue Jan 29 04:38:06 CST 2008

Matthew Brett wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>   http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/browser/branches/build_with_scons/
>
> Excellent idea - and congratulations to David for all his hard work -
> but this is a large change, and I wonder if we need more time with the
> scons build system in the svn trunk?  Not to say it should not be in
> 1.0.5, but suggesting a little more delay might be useful.
Note that the current build system using numpy.distutils would still be
the default, and that the branch does *not* include numscons. IOW, the
only things merged in the trunk would be the hook in distutils to call
scons, the scons scripts, as well as a few modifications which hopefully
should not change anything.

Although there is still a lot to do in numscons, I don't expect much
changes in the merged code.

cheers,

David