[Numpy-discussion] More pending test framework changes (please give feedback)

Tue Jul 1 14:37:44 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I note that a lot of unit test files import tons of specific functions,
> > numpy.core, etc., etc. Is there any reason not to fix things up to
> >
> > import numpy as np
> > from numpy.testing import *
> >
> > I fixed one file this way, but I wonder if we shouldn't make all of them
> > work like that.
>
> Personally, I prefer the imports to be as simple as possible, but I
> managed to restrain myself from cleaning up test module imports when I
> was making my changes. ;)  If making them somewhat standardized is
> desirable, I might as well do it while I'm cleaning up and fixing
> tests.

A lot of the imports seem to have just grown over the years, some even
contain duplicates. So I think cleaning up would be a good idea if no one
objects.

Chuck