[Numpy-discussion] set_local_path in test files

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Wed Jul 2 09:49:30 CDT 2008

Hi,

>> The idea behind set_local_path is that it allows running tests
>> inside subpackages without the need to rebuild the entire package.
>
> Ah, thanks; I'd forgotten about that.  I'll leave them alone, then.  I
> made a note for myself to make sure it's possible to run tests locally
> without doing a full build/install (where practical).

I noticed that people were often putting this at the top of scipy test
files as boilerplate when they didn't in fact need the local directory
on the path.  I did it myself when I first started using the Numpy
test rig.  So, to avoid that happening, it would be good to remove all
the cases where it is not necessary...

Best,

Matthew