[Numpy-discussion] set_local_path in test files

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jul 2 12:25:57 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 09:01, Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Pearu Peterson <pearu@cens.ioc.ee> wrote:
>> Alan McIntyre wrote:
>>> Some test files have a set_local_path()/restore_path() pair at the
>>> top, and some don't.  Is there any reason to be changing sys.path like
>>> this in the test modules?  If not, I'll take them out when I see them.
>>
>> The idea behind set_local_path is that it allows running tests
>> inside subpackages without the need to rebuild the entire package.
>
> Ah, thanks; I'd forgotten about that.  I'll leave them alone, then.  I
> made a note for myself to make sure it's possible to run tests locally
> without doing a full build/install (where practical).

Please remove them and adjust the imports. As I've mentioned before,
numpy and scipy can now reliably be built in-place with "python
setup.py build_src --inplace build_ext --inplace". This is a more
robust method to test uninstalled code than adjusting sys.path.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco