[Numpy-discussion] More doctest questions

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Thu Jul 3 19:42:38 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1. Should we skip the numpy/f2py directory when looking for doctests?
>
> I don't see anything there that should cause problems (according to my
> understanding of the collector). Are you seeing problems?

Actually it's a problem with the execution context restriction we
added for NumPy doctests; they no longer have access to all the stuff
in the module where they are declared.  So in f2py/lib/extgen/base.py,
the Container doctest expects the Container class to be available, but
it isn't.

>> 2. Are the functions in numpy/lib/convdtype.py used anywhere? I can
>> fix the doctests so they run, but I can't find anywhere they are used,
>> so I wanted to see if they were intended for removal but forgotten.
>
> I think they were intended to be used for the Numeric->numpy code
> transformation. It never got used. Delete it.

Ok.